Description of this Adirondacks Vacation Rental House
Discover fun, relaxation and adventure at the lakefront log cabin we call Mountain Lake Lodge. Email us for more pictures and link to our private website with complete details.
Get ready for your ideal Adirondack Park vacation located in the historic Gloversville/Johnstown area among wooded splendor. At Mountain Lake Lodge, there are no roads to cross, or car rides to the nearest body of water -- a refreshing swim in Mountain Lake is literally right outside your door.
This vacation home is perfect for small groups, snowbirds and families, from 1-8 people. Pet-free/smoke-free environment means allergies won`t ruin your vacation.
At Mountain Lake, you will notice few, if any, large boats to spoil the quiet. Water quality has been rated "Excellent," and the average water temp is just right -- you will NOT freeze. Hang out all day on our roomy lakefront deck pier -- jump off the diving board or dip your
toes in the shallow area. Paddle around the lake in our paddlboat, rowboat, kayak or fun floats.
- Quiet, charming 4-bedroom, 1-bath log cabin
- Master bedroom has one Queen
- Bedroom #2 has 1 full and one twin
- Bedroom #3 has 2 twins each
- Bedroom #4 has 2 twins each
- Beautiful tree-shaded property
- Open, spacious first floor
- 75 feet of lakefront with large pier
- Diving board and steps into shallow area
- Paddle boat, rowboat, kayak, rafts and more!
- Gas and charcoal grills
- Kitchen with microwave and dishwasher
- 2 large sunrooms (upstairs and downstairs) with views
- TV, Hi-Speed Internet access
- Local caretaker on-call
- Pet-free, Smoke-free
- Explore hundreds of miles of beautiful forests, lakes, and streams in breathtaking Adirondack State Park
- Enjoy hiking, golf, fishing, boating, shopping, and of course, just hanging out
- Admire the beauty and sample horse racing fun at Saratoga Springs, just 30 minutes away
- Visit the beautiful and amazing Adirondack Museum for a look back at the history of the majestic Adirondack forests and the characters that lived in them
- Tour historic Johnstown and Gloversville
- Go underground - at Howe Caverns, a magical subterranean world
- Explore Albany, capital of New York State
- Jump over to the Berkshires, across the Massachusetts state line
- Much Much More!
Our spacious log home we call Mountain Lake Lodge is located right on the shores of Mountain Lake, a beautiful countryside venue surrounded by picturesque hills.
The cabin is nestled at the southern tip of Adirondack State Park, a vast expanse of beautiful natural settings. The Park is home to exciting Lake Placid, beautiful Lake George, nearby Sacandaga Lake, Canada Lake, and thousands of smaller lakes and ponds. The Park boasts 3,000 miles of hiking trails and dozens of great attractions to enjoy.
The Southern Adirondack region is packed with country roads, trails and lakes to explore. The Lodge is also located near two historic towns.
Gloversville, as the name suggests, was a former center for glove making at the turn of the 19th century and birthplace of Sam Goldwyn (co-founder of MGM Studios). Many of its old factory buildings are currently being purchased and renovated.
Also nearby is Johnstown, an historic village and former center for native American relations in colonial times. It is a charming place to visit and shop.
We`re right inside the Adirondack State Park border, so you`ll enjoy rustic beauty, but you can easily slip into town for a quart of milk and the morning paper. Three great supermarkets plus Wal-Mart and much more are but a ten-minute drive down the mountain.
Mountain Lake Lodge is also a short drive from world famous Saratoga, NY with its classic race track and charming thoroughfares.
Once you are nestled in, you may never want to leave. But there will always be new places to explore from your "home base" at beautiful Mountain Lake Lodge.
Available May to September by the week, by the month or for the entire seaso